Mercenary Digimon may have forms beyond their Mega stage known as Side Mega or Burst Mode. In general, Side Mega is of roughly equal strength to Mega as it is a variant Mega form (on the side, so to speak), while Burst Mode is usually more powerful than either.
The player may carry two Mercenary Digimon in addition to the Starter Digimon, for a total of 3 on the field at any time. A 4th slot for Mercenary Digimon can be unlocked via CashShop item in both kDMO (Jan 1, 2014 update) and gDMO (Feb 25, 2014 update).
List of Mercenary Digimon
See Spirit System.
|Rookie - Mega||Xros||Xros|
|Ballistamon||Shoutmon X2||Shoutmon X3|
* Can only be obtained through the Cash Shop or from events.
|Rookie||Champion||Ultimate||Mega||Side Mega/Burst Mode (item)|
|Agumon||GeoGreymon||RizeGreymon||ShineGreymon||ShineGreymon (Burst Mode)|
|Gaomon||Gaogamon||MachGaogamon||MirageGaogamon||MirageGaogamon (Burst Mode)|
|Falcomon||Peckmon||Crowmon||Ravemon||Ravemon (Burst Mode)|
|Lalamon||SunFlowmon||Lilamon||Rosemon||Rosemon (Burst Mode)|
- gDMO - Added on February 5th, 2013 with the Valentine's Day Event patch.
- kDMO - these Digimon were made rideable on February 19th, 2013.
- kDMO - Added on February 5th, 2013
- gDMO - Added on March 12th, 2013 with the More Powerful Agumon Appears patch.
- kDMO - Added on January 29th, 2013
- kDMO - Added on June 20th, 2013
- kDMO - Added on April 3rd, 2013
- gDMO - Added on June 4th, 2013 with the File Island Discovered! Part 2 patch.
- kDMO - Added on [ July 3rd, 2013]
- kDMO - Added on March 6th, 2013
- kDMO - Added on October 1st, 2013 patch.
- kDMO - Added on April 24th, 2013
- gDMO - Added on July 2nd, 2013 with the Daemon, The Demon Lord patch.
- kDMO - Added on May 15th, 2013
<ref> tag with name "kdmo5june2013" defined in
<references> is not used in prior text.